Friday, January 27, 2017

ENOS 1:12

“And it came to pass that after I has prayed and labored with all diligence, the Lord said unto me: I will grant unto thee according to thy desires, because of they faith.”

 This week, I chose the above scripture, Enos 1:12. I chose this scripture because it teaches a simple and profound but often overlooked truth. A truth that if we are living righteously and praying faithfully to the Lord he will help us. He knows the righteous desires of our hearts and wants to see us succeed even if it may not happen as timely as we may like.

This scripture relates back to a concept we talked about in class this last week. In class, we were discussing the vision of the Tree of Life and the depth and significance of its meaning. We spent a great deal of time talking about the characteristics of the path, its location, direction, and overall meaning. One particular aspect that really stood out to me was a statement mentioned by Brother Griffin that a general authority made pertaining to the upward climb of the path. He painted it as being such a steep uphill climb at times the only way to progress was by kneeling. I had never heard this before and it brought a whole new level of significance to the path and our journey through mortality.


Sometimes you reach points in life where the only way to continue on is by relying on the Lord. For that reason, we should all strive to live in such a way that when hard times come, we are worthy of his help. Prayer is powerful and can help us through the times in our lives that seem near impossible. I think we can all agree that life is not easy, but through prayer and the help of the Lord, we can all find happiness and joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment