". . .the Lamanites, were in darkness, yea, even in the darkest abyss, but behold, how many of them are brought to behold the marvelous light of God! And this is the blessing which hath been bestowed upon us, that we have been made instruments in the hands of God to bring about this great work.”
In this scripture, the main thing being taught is missionary
work. What I take from this is that being able to bring people unto Christ is a
blessing and something we should be grateful we have the opportunity to do. Whether
you serve a formal mission or not there are so many ways that missionary work
can be done. God has blessed us with the necessary means to achieve what he
wants us to do, and that is bringing his children back to him.
Missionary work, the principle that this scripture teaches us,
is extremely important because of the profound influence it has had on so many
people. It is something so many people are extremely grateful for. Based on the
fact that many of us would not even be members of this church if not for
missionaries and missionary work. We should
be grateful that we are instruments in God’s hands and can bring the happiness
that comes from this gospel into the lives of so many people.
Always being a missionary and an instrument in God’s hands is definitely
something I could work on. I need to be better at getting those around me
involved. I need to continually strive to be a Christ-like example to those
around me. I need to care more about family history and make an effort to be
better at it. Like so many others, I need to and could do a lot of things. What
is important is that we all strive to do something to be an instrument in God’s
hands.
No comments:
Post a Comment