"....And thus we see that by small means the Lord can bring about great things."
As a result of recent scripture study I came upon this scripture,
1 Nephi 16:29. I had previously marked it but hadn't really thought much about
it. However, when I came upon it this time around, it really stood out to me. I realized how important it is to focus on the simple things of this gospel because great things come from them. It is important to understand faith, repentance, the power of prayer, the sacrament, and a number of other things because if we have a simple and strong testimony of those, we have the potential to continually grow and prosper in the gospel. It also especially made me think of us, as children of God. In a way, we are “small”
and through God we can become great.
The first person that comes to mind when I think of this scripture
is Joseph Smith. In class, Brother Griffin discussed how Joseph was just a “farm
boy” yet he had a profound and powerful influence on the church. As a result of
help from our Father in heaven, Joseph was able to do great things.
This is a great example to us. If we have faith in and trust God,
he can help us achieve incredible things. He can help us reach and overcome feats
we never imagined possible for ourselves. What a wonderful blessing and testament
to the love and faith God has in us that is.
No comments:
Post a Comment